This is a two-week long essay writing service Workshop unit that teaches students how to inform/explain using the organizational model of compare and contrast. The perfect writer’s workshop for teaching narrative writing! This writer’s workshop is broken down into small, manageable steps which will keep your students engaged and excited.
• plot structure
• using transition words
• developing internal conflict
• using strong verbs
• punctuating dialogue
• the importance of a strong opening
essay template, writing templates, teaching essays, essay writing, Expository essay template, Persuasive Essay template, Argumentative Essay template, essay fill-in, blank essay
Three templates to help your struggling writers understand the layout and format of essay writing. Includes three fill-in-the-blank five-paragraph essay templates: Expository, Persuasive, and Cause and Effect. This product comes directly from the the Essay Apprentice Writing System – Writing Lessons, Basics for Struggling and Low-Level Students . Works best for those students who are really struggling with writing and need some assistance to see and work through the structure of the five-paragraph essay. Students are given an essay with missing words and are asked to complete the essay based upon their knowledge of how an essay works
• 4 weeks+ of detailed lesson plans
• Anchor Charts (available in color and greyscale)
• What is Argument Writing?
• Elements of an Argument
• Transition Words for argument writing
• Sample argumentative paragraphs for analysis
• Paragraph Puzzles (to teach paragraph organization)
• Set of 20 Argument Prompt task cards (highly engaging prompts for middle school-high school students, such as, “Should students be paid for good grades?” and “Should schools be able to punish you for your posts on social media?”)
• Argument Map (for organizing your essay)
• Peer Conferencing checklist
• Scoring Rubric
• CCSS Alignment
Teaching Essay Strategies is a comprehensive Story Behind Essay Writing Will Haunt You Forever! curriculum designed to help teachers teach the essay components of the Common Core Writing Standards. This step-by-step program provides all of the resources for upper elementary, middle school, and high school teachers to teach both the writing process essays and the accompanying writing strategies.
* Eight Writing Process Essays
The Teaching Essay Strategies program includes the writing prompts, resource texts, graphic organizers, response, revision, and editing resources to teach eight Writing Process Essays. The first four essays are in the informative/explanatory genre (Common Core Writing Standard 2.0). The last four essays are in the argumentative/persuasive writing genre (Common Core Writing Standard 1.0). Accompanying resource texts include both literary and informational forms, as prescribed by the Common Core Reading Standards.